Contacts & Contrasts 2020: Cognitive Linguistic Studies in Cultural and Professional Contexts
Full Title: Contacts & Contrasts 2020: Cognitive Linguistic Studies in Cultural and Professional Contexts
Short Title: C&C2020
Date: 19-Oct-2020 – 21-Oct-2020
Location: Konin, Poland
Contact Person: Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk
Meeting Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2020
The Department of Research in Language and Communication of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the State University of Applied Sciences in Konin, Poland is pleased to announce that our rescheduled C&C2020 conference is held online and on site on 19-21 October, 2020.
C&C2020 IS GOING ON SITE AND ONLINE
The Conference is going to be held in two parallel systems:
1) on site presentations and sessions taking place at the conference venue in Jan A. P. Kaczmarek Conference Center on Popiełuszki Street No. 4 in Konin
2) online real-time presentations and sessions organized via video conferencing platform
Detailed arrangements concerning online and on site formats will be forwarded by 20 September, 2020.
HOW TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN PARTICIPATING IN THE CONFERENCE:
Since our conference is organized both online and on site we kindly ask you to inform us before submitting your abstract whether you plan to travel to Konin and give your presentation on site or whether you prefer online only participation.
Information about your preferred participation format will be appreciated by 25 July, 2020 to the conference email address at cc2020konin.edu.pl.
The following internationally-recognized experts on language, culture, and professional contexts have accepted our invitation:
– Professor Elisabet Arnó-Macià – Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain
– Professor Stanisław Goźdź-Roszkowski – University of Lodz, Poland
– Professor Krzysztof Kredens – Aston University, Birmingham, UK
– Professor María Jesús Lorenzo-Modia – Universidade da Coruña, Spain
– Professor Mirosław Pawlak – State University of Applied Sciences in Konin,
Poland; Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland
– Professor Piotr Pęzik – University of Lodz, Poland
– Professor Tomasz Płudowski – Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Warsaw, Poland
WHERE TO FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT C&C2020 CONFERENCE:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Call for Papers:
We invite abstracts of papers and theme sessions (in English or Polish) relevant, but not restricted to the proposed topics:
– Cognitive linguistics and culture – cross-linguistic and cross-cultural differences in metaphor, metonymy, and conceptualisation
– Cognitive linguistics and professional/specialized languages (theory, practice/education, translation), e.g. media, business, legal, humanities and social sciences, technology, etc.
– Professional languages and languages for specific purposes – their structures, styles, characteristics, e.g. phraseology, and resources, e.g. thesauri, terminology
– Professional contexts and society
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT:
All abstracts of papers and theme sessions should be submitted with your name and paper/theme session title in .pdf and .doc(x) formats directly to the conference email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts should be limited to 350 words of text and should include up to 5 keywords. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 September, 2020.
Refereed and accepted papers will be published in collective volumes by international publishers