Linguistic Annotator at Appen Butler Hill Inc.
Appen is pooling for an upcoming project for Linguists and is recruiting a team of highly skilled Linguists to work on the task. For this project, vendors learn a complex semantic labeling system and apply it thoughtfully and consistently across large volumes of data.
The successful contractor linguist will be engaged in the following responsibilities:
– Annotate language data with linguistic information
– Implement annotation conventions and guidelines with accuracy and consistency
– Communicate with other annotators about effective annotation strategies
– Contribute to the improvement of tools and processes by raising issues and suggesting improvements
– Understand and adapt to changing requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computer Science, or related field
– Interest in practical as well as theoretical linguistics, especially syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
– Facility with computers and software applications
– Ability to adapt to changing requirements, priorities, and revisions
– Cooperative, solution-oriented attitude
– Eagerness to learn new skills and work quickly
– Enthusiasm for detail work
– Ability to focus for significant portions of the workday
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Advanced degree and/or industry experience
– NLU/NLP annotation experience
– Experience with ontologies and label sets
– Experience working remotelyes of data.
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: email@example.com